Our Green Philosophy
ON BEING GREEN
We believe that our corporation is responsible for contributing to an environmentally sound planet. Our efforts include contributing to clean air, clean water and waste recycling.
A CLEAN ENVIRONMENT
• As a plating and coating facility, American Faucet & Coatings Corporation qualifies as a “zero discharge” existing source metal finisher. A very large percentage of SIGMA products are plated on-site, according to strict, California environmental standards. The result is the recycling of 95 - 98% of all water used in the plating process.
• We are proactive in protecting the environment. We have been awarded the Encina Wastewater Authority Environmental Excellence Award for Pollution Prevention and the Southern California Plant of the Year Award from the California Water Environment Association.
• Our manufacturing operation includes PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) finishing, which is an environmentally clean coating used for many of our products.
WATER CONSERVATION FOR RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL PROJECTS
• We are a Watersense U.S. Environmental Protection Agency partner and are currently immersed in the certification and labeling of our lav faucets and showerheads. Water-sense certified products count toward the LEED point requirements for homes and commercial projects.
RECYCLING AND ENERGY CONSERVATION
• We recycle materials whenever possible including chemicals, cardboard, scrap metal, plastic and paper.
• We have improved factory production areas with such energy saving modifications as compact fluorescent lighting.
Whenever you specify a SIGMA product, you can rest assured that great care is taken to protect the earth’s environment.